Yes you can make a living trading stocks.
But it is difficult and usually requires years of hard work, dedication and experience.
The way you make a living is by finding an edge in the market. This gives you the opportunity to develop a profitable strategy.
You must then execute your strategy consistently and with discipline until it stops working.
Ultimately, an edge can come from anywhere:
- A market anomaly (like a seasonal pattern)
- A market inefficiency (like an arbitrage)
- A structural advantage (like having the best technology)
- A unique advantage (like having superior market reading skill)
- A market beating algorithm, ETC…
The important thing to note is that stock trading involves the hunt for money. It is therefore extremely competitive.
You can compare trading to being an elite athlete. 99% of those wanting to be a professional golfer will fail and it is the same with stock trading.
Before I finish, I should also mention there are two other ways you can make a living from stock trading.
- By getting lucky. You would be surprised at the number of people who have carved out long and successful careers after having just a couple of lucky years in the markets.
- By trading for others. Many fund managers make a living by investing other peoples money. They rarely do better than the market average but are still able to charge enough in fees to make a very nice living.
Thanx for reading🙂
Follow CoverOrder telegram channel
Please Share if you like it.😉