This is how mere an investment of ₹6000 turned into 8lac. Rupees !!!
A guy around 65+ years old told me his story that how he made fortune (unknowingly) from stocks !!!
The story goes like this (cutting long story short here) :-
- He had purchased 100 shares of graphite india around 60 rupees in 2005–2006 and then company declared 10 for 2 stock split. So his number of outstanding share became 800 and stock price went around ₹10–12 from ₹60.
- He was furious at that time and got mad about company because he thought his stock price decreased dramatically (of course anyone would be angry if ₹60 share becomes ₹10-12 share) and he didn’t know anything about stock split so he thought his number of shares are still 100 but actually it became 800.
- He was totally numb & furious. He thought it is not feasible to sell his stock at that price. After this incident, he loose interest in stock market and didn’t look over his stock neither took any interest in stock market.
- In this year, he somehow came to know that the stock he purchased in 2006 is still listed on stock market and now hovering around ₹1000.
- He then researched about it, checked all the documents he received in these years (from 2006–2018) and figure out that, right now he has 800 shares of “Graphite india” which is quoting at around ₹1000.
His mere ₹6000 investment in 2006 now became ₹8,00,000.
So, these are the reasons how people get rich from stocks :-
- By appreciation in share price.
- By investing in right companies which has strong fundamentals.
- By holding stocks for a long period of time.
- By stock split.
- By bonus issues.
- And of course conservative investors’ favourite, “By getting dividends” and Investing those amount again and again.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
Thanx for reading🙂
Follow CoverOrder telegram channel
Please Share if you like it.😉